Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What a Weekend!

Finally I'm sitting in my chair, with my computer, saying AHHHHHHHHHHHHH. It was a wonderful weekend at the Lake of the Ozarks. My parents, sisters and my family enjoyed a condo at the Lake from Saturday to Monday. (If you are looking for a great, reasonable place to stay right on the Lake, try Holiday Shores.) We relaxed by the pool, although Saturday was ridiculously hot, even in the water, I read, had a few beers and watched the kids have a blast. They paddle-boated in the cove, which Mal said was one of her favorite parts.
The weekend was complete when Ryan finally arrived Saturday night after his camp in Warrensburg. As soon as he got there, we celebrated Mal's birthday a little early. She got lots of great things and we had birthday cake.
Monday came too soon and there was a definite slight sadness as we realized we had to leave to come home, but not after we had another hour of swimming.
Once we were on our way home, we cheered up, realizing that it would be good to get home early, unpack and rest before Tim's ballgame at 7:45.
It was a beautiful evening at the game. Perfect, really. As the game got underway, Tim was making some great plays and suddenly, I heard someone yell my name.
Turns out, Mal's love for doggies got her into some trouble. She was playing with a very sweet, cute schnauzer when he got a little excited and got her in the cheek with her toenail. We deliberated about going to the ER, but we finally decided to. The scratch was more of a puncture and it was on her pretty little face. All I could think of was the scar that would be there forever. So, we were off to the ER.
It was a very, very busy place, as it probably is most nights. She was very brave and really never complained that it hurt. She mostly complained of being tired and wanting food. Ravioli was what she was hungry for and I promised her I would make her a big bowl when we got home.
Mallorie said about every 2-3 minutes "I don't want to get stitches!" and then the tears would flow. We waited and waited and then finally went back to the room. She made me tell every nurse and doctor that talked to us that she didn't want stitches.

They all just looked at me like, "yeah, whatever, that thing needs stitches." Finally, when the doctor came in, of course I gave him the message, he assured Mallorie that they didn't use stitches anymore, they used a new and improved method called sutchers. Hee Hee....he was very smart. He numbed it with gel, cleaned it up and put in the sutchers (stitches). What a clever guy.
Anyway, my girl and I finally got home about 12:30 a.m. and went right to sleep. Too tired even for a bowl of Chef BoyArdee.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhh, glad to be in my chair, resting tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment