Saturday, June 13, 2009

Phone Follow Up

After a few days of searching, no phone. I was really frustrated, because as you know from former blogs, we're saving money for vacation(s), so I really didn't want to dole out a few hundred dollars on a new phone. Luckily for me, a friend of mine had an old one that she graciously said I could borrow for as long as I needed. This phone had been used by a teenager who was a former student of mine, but I didn't care when I found out that I could use it for free and I just needed to get a new SIM Card.
When I got the phone, I had a few good chuckles. It was fuchsia to begin with, and when I opened it, I saw the young girl's glamour shot as her wall paper. If that wasn't cute enough, every student that had been an elementary student of mine for the past couple of years had their cell number programmed into my new phone! I quickly deleted them so that I wouldn't accidentally text or call them!
Finally, when the phone rang for the first time, it rang to the tune of Coal Miner's Daughter.....enough said about that!
I'm not complaining though; I'm extremely happy to have a cost free replacement phone. Next time, I'm buying the insurance they offer, no matter how ridiculous it seems at the time.

1 comment: